Resistance to chemicals
Plastics’ resistance to chemicals varies significantly. In this guide, we present information on the chemical resistance of the most common plastic types, using data provided by leading plastic manufacturers.
The values provided in the guide are approximations, and the suitability of plastics for applications in which they come into contact with chemicals must always be verified with tests or experts must be consulted.
Central factors that influence plastics’ resistance to chemicals include:
- The chemical used and its concentration
- Previous exposure to chemicals
- Strain during chemical exposure
- Joint impact of several chemicals
- Exposure time
- Joint impact of the above-mentioned factors
Read more about the topic and download a guide that contains comprehensive tables on various plastics’ chemical resistance (in finnish only).
Plastics' Resistance to Chemicals
- Helps you to learn central factors affecting plastics' resistance to chemicals.
- Helps you to understand impacts of chemicals to plastics and their visual and mechanical properties.
- Helps you to find suitable plastic materials for your application.
Also the guide presents a table of most common plastic types and their resistance to different chemicals!